The Old Success (Richard Jury Mysteries #25) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 25 in the Richard Jury Mysteries series.
- #1: The Man with a Load of Mischief (Richard Jury Mystery #1) (Paperback): $7.99
- #11: Old Contemptibles (Richard Jury Mystery #11) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #12: Horse You Came In On (Richard Jury Mystery #12) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #14: The Case Has Altered: A Richard Jury Novel (Richard Jury Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #16: The Lamorna Wink (Richard Jury Mystery #16) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #18: The Grave Maurice (Richard Jury Mystery #18) (Mass Market): $9.89
- #19: The Winds of Change (Richard Jury Mystery #19) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #20: The Old Wine Shades (Richard Jury Mystery #20) (Paperback): $10.99
- #21: Dust: A Richard Jury Mystery (Paperback): $10.99
- #22: The Black Cat: A Richard Jury Mystery (Paperback): $10.99
- #23: Vertigo 42: A Richard Jury Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #24: The Knowledge (Richard Jury Mysteries #24) (Hardcover): $26.00
In The Old Success, the twenty-fifth mystery in the bestselling Richard Jury series by MWA Grand Master Martha Grimes, an unlikely trio of detectives teams up to solve three puzzling murders that span three counties across England.
When the body of a French woman washes up on a wild inlet off the Cornish coast, Brian Macalvie, divisional commander with the Devon-Cornwall police is called in. Who could have killed this beautiful tourist, the only visible footprints nearby belonging to the two little girls who found her?
While Macalvie stands in the Scilly Islands, inspector Richard Jury-twenty miles away on Land's End--is at The Old Success pub, sharing a drink with the legendary former CID detective Tom Brownell, a man renowned for solving every case he undertook. Except one.
In the days following the mysterious slaying of the Parisian tourist, two other murders take place: first, a man is shot on a Northhamptonshire estate, then a holy duster turns up murdered at Exeter Cathedral in Devon. Macalvie, Jury and Bronwell set out to discover whether these three killings, though very different in execution, are connected. Written with Grimes's signature wit, sly plotting, and gloriously offbeat characters, The Old Success is prime fare from "one of the most fascinating mystery writers today" (Houston Chronicle).
About the Author
Martha Grimes is the bestselling author of more than thirty books, twenty-five of them featuring Richard Jury. The recipient of the 2012 Mystery Writers of America's Grand Master Award, Grimes lives in Bethesda, Maryland.